Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"The Last Text"

Just for a moment, on my soapbox . . .

Not sure where this fits into the library curriculum but as a parent, uncle, teacher, friend, driver, human being, and as a citizen of the world with a voice and a platform, I cannot keep this to myself.



From the AT&T page where this video originally appeared:

Watch AT&T's new 10-minute documentary titled "The Last Text," featuring stories of real individuals whose lives have been adversely affected by texting behind the wheel.

AT&T created this documentary as part of its "It Can Wait" campaign because we want consumers be safe while using our technology. We are grateful and humbled by the bravery of the people who agreed to be on camera for the documentary. We would have no story to tell without them.

2 comments:

janet reid said...

Thank you for posting this and for caring enough to do it. I also saw it and sent it to my grown children, all the teachers at my school, and my friends. At times I've been tempted to answer a call or text while driving. Not anymore...

Unknown said...

Thank you Janet! "If I can help just one person . . . "